John and I are literally pinching ourselves over here at the thought of recieving any kind of award. But recieveing the Happy 101 Award certainly has us completely amazed!
One of my fabulous readers, http://jayayceeblog.blogspot.com/ created the Happy 101 Award for bloggers who show how they have fun and are creative with their projects. It's awesome to be rewarded for all our hard work on and off the computer. So for us to fully recieve the reward, we have to list our list of 10 favorite things. So withouth further adeux, here is our list of things that totally have us giggling and jumping up and down.
1. DVR. Our DVR rules. With all the projects we have on our list of to-do's we don't always have the chance to get to the tv for our favorite shows. It's so nice not to have to hurry (unless we're dying to see the season finale of Grey's Anatomy!) home or clean up to see our favorite shows.
2. Spray Paint! Oh how would we survive without Krylon and Rustoleum? I don't want to find out. Sometimes I feel like we will cover anything standing still with spray paint.
3. Fresh flowers. This time of year has us drooling with the smell of honey-suckle, gardenias, and lily's throughout our neighborhood. But the smells don't end there. We love picking them out of our yard or getting a bouquet from the farmers market to bring a little color inside too.
4. Kitchen Aid mixer. Ever since recieving this restaurant quality mixer several years ago it has made our lives so much richer. Cakes, breads and even mixing potatoes this gadget does everything to fill our bellies. If you know us, we are total food snobs and love great, simple, homemade treats. If you love cooking and baking, you should totally try and invest in one of these baby's.
5. Animal Rescue groups. Both of our kid fuzzies are rescues. While breeders have their place, we prefer to open our hearts to animals that need good homes. In fact, all of Elizabeth's family believe in rescuing animals. So when we all get together, it's a zoo of 5 happy puppies who would have otherwise been put down. That makes our hearts go pitter-patter and fill with pink.
6. Before and Afters. We live for before and afters in our house, as you can tell. Bedrooms, bathrooms, heck, even closets. If you can show off an area that once looked b.o.r.i.n.g. it fits in our book!
7. Stationery. Yes, I admit it. I'm a paper snob. There's nothing quite like the feel and smell of good paper. Besides, everyone loves getting fun mail right? Here recently I've been going nuts over Swoozies going out of business. I hate to see them go, but I am soaking up every bit of wrapping paper and stationery I can. And yes, I am one of those people who actually ENJOYS getting wrapping paper and ribbon as gifts. This really helps John with gift giving.
8. Goole Search. Oh dear lord what would we do without Google! It's how we get our email, our directions, phone numbers. We even use it to get our knowledge on with projects (yup, and it works too!), recipes, and so much more.
9. Our Laptop. It makes updating our blog baby so much easier. I can do it in bed when I'm tired, while I'm watching tv on the couch, in the kitchen or even in the office (on the extremely rare occasion). Not to mention it's our go-to item when we need our questions answered on Google (see #8).
10. NC Mountains. The mountains hold a special place in both our hearts. It's where John grew up, where we both went to college (Go WCU!) and the place we met and fell in love. We love the rivers, the cold air, the snow, great hiking and beautiful scenery.
So that's the top 10 on our list of things we can't live without. I want to thank Jayaycee for awarding this opportunity to us. We can't be more thrilled to watch our little blog baby grow.